Worrying times
Worried - Hartnell Green
2006-02-13 13:29:07 UTC
Despite acute loyalty to England, I find myself unable to see Blair or
Straw or Brown on TV without growling, "You horrible lying f*****!
You horrible lying f*****! You . . ." - on and on and on, so long as
these lice are visible.

I am worried on a couple of counts. I used never to use bad language,
and I fear what it is doing to my mind and my recording angel's finer
feelings. Then again I used to be original, but now when I see either
of them smirking and simpering and expecting us to swallow their
hypocritical sanctimonious lies, I can't find anything else to say
because there isn't anything else to say.

Funny thing is, I find it's exactly the same with Bush and Cheney,
though I haven't any loyalty at all to a country that would willingly
have either of those two smarmy evil bastards alive in it, let alone
let them be boss and deputy of it - twice!

The question is, does this tell us more about these evil bastards or
about the world in which the rest of us let them continue, without
tearing them out of office with our bare hands together with all their
parasitic sycophants and hanging them all from the nearest lamp-posts?
Peter Watson
2006-02-13 17:22:14 UTC
Post by Worried - Hartnell Green
[...]
Blair said F*** YOU to you before you said it to him.

I have over 500 papers on Blair. He is insane and his wife is a
practising witch.

God deliver us from their evilnesses. (After Dubyah).

Post by Worried - Hartnell Green
-----
Hey, Tony, are you talking to me?
POLITICIANS can reveal more about themselves in a throwaway remark than in
100 speeches and interviews.
Tony Blair has pretty much perfected his "straight kinda guy", caring,
sharing, everyman routine.
Only very occasionally are we granted a peek behind his painted smile.
For instance, take his ill-judged, unscripted "tally ho" jibe at the start
of his disgraceful "forces of conservatism" tirade at the last Labour
conference.
This was a deliberate attempt to belittle the thousands of decent, ordinary
men and women who had travelled to Bournemouth to protest peacefully and
legitimately at the government's anti-countryside policies.
It was a rare glimpse of the real Blair, a vindictive, intolerant man, full
of contempt for those who dare to disagree with him.
He is a cynical politician who has carefully cultivated his image both at
home and abroad.
But once in a while, the true character of the Prime Minister breaks out
like a blackhead through the greasepaint.
Which is why I was fascinated to read an interview with Blair in an American
news magazine published this week.
It is a broadly sympathetic piece written by Robert Harris, a close friend
of the Prime Minister. I shan't bore you with too many of the details.
You won't be too surprised to learn that Blair is finding the job tougher
than he expected, is looking forward to the bay-bee and still thinks he can
bounce us into the euro in two to three years.
But there was one paragraph which made me sit up and take notice.
Harris recalls that during the last election campaign, Blair feared the
Tories might still win by playing the "xenophobic card".
Now what the dictionary means by xenophobic and what Blair means are two
different things.
The dictionary defines xenophobia as an irrational hatred and fear of all
things foreign.
Blair, of course, has an irrational love of all things foreign and an
irrational hatred of all things most of us think of as British. He's got a
sort of reverse xenophobia.
To the Prime Minister, like the Mad Hatter, words mean whatever he wants
them to mean. In Blair's book, a xenophobe is someone who wants Britain to
remain an independent nation, with its own laws, own parliament and own
currency.
And, Harris reports, Blair said with a shrug: "If that's the sort of country
people want to live in, then f*** them."
Harris included this quote to illustrate Blair's hatred of isolationism.
But it started me thinking. And what we have in those few words is not so
much a throwaway remark as Blair's entire political philosophy.
This is the F*** You government.
This isn't Pretty Straight Kinda Guy, this is straight out of Goodfellas.
You don't agree with him?
F*** you.
You don't want homosexuality promoted in schools?
F*** you.
You want to keep the pound?
F*** you.
You don't want to be ruled by Brussels?
F*** you.
You don't think Scottish MPs should be allowed to vote on English issues
when English MPs are barred from voting on Scottish affairs?
F*** you.
You don't believe the police are institutionally racist?
F*** you.
You don't think hundreds of terrorists should have been released without a
single weapon or stick of explosive being surrendered?
F*** you.
You don't think Peter Mandelson should have been reinstated to the Cabinet
with such indecent haste?
F*** you.
You don't want the House of Lords replaced by an upper chamber full of
Tony's unelected cronies?
F*** you.
You don't want compulsory metrication and the use of pounds and ounces, feet
and inches made a criminal offence?
F*** you.
You think tax on petrol and diesel is extortionate and should not increase
any more?
F*** you.
You think Labour Party members should be able to choose their own candidates
for London Mayor and the Welsh assembly.
F*** you.
You think the Prime Minister should pay for his own holidays?
F*** you.
On issue after issue, Blair has nothing but contempt for public opinion.
Opponents are subjected to ruthless smear campaigns. He will use any means
at his disposal to get his own way.
You don't like it?
F*** you.
Are you talking to me?
Yeah, I'm talking to you.
Then, f*** you, too.
RICHARD LITTLEJOHN
THE SUN NEWSPAPER
APRIL 2000
Peter Watson
Magnus Paterson
2006-02-14 08:54:22 UTC
Post by Worried - Hartnell Green
Funny thing is, I find it's exactly the same with Bush and Cheney,
though I haven't any loyalty at all to a country that would willingly
have either of those two smarmy evil bastards alive in it, let alone
let them be boss and deputy of it - twice!
Well, Cheney is so desperate for another war, he's
started shooting his mates.